Whenever possible, Baldwin & Shell self-performs critical portions of its construction projects, including concrete work, excavation and grading, underground utilities and drainage systems. We have the skilled labor, specialized equipment and hands-on experience to get the job done right, right from the start.
Baldwin & Shell’s trade work includes:
- Pre-cast and Tilt-Up Erection
- Steel Erection
- Millwork Installation
- Installation of Doors/Frames/Hardware
- Metal Wall Panel Installation
- Acoustical Ceilings
- Specialty Installation
- Pre-engineered Metal Building Erection
These resources apply to general building projects of all types, as well as industrial projects and other plant facilities. We operate and maintain our own heavy equipment, which allows us to self-perform these tasks to our high standards.
Self-performing work offers substantial benefits to owners. It allows us to quickly identify and solve any challenges and efficiently reduce or even eliminate subcontractor delays. By self-performing this essential work, Baldwin & Shell also maintains better control of the schedule and sets the standard of craftsmanship for the entire construction project. The benefits of self-perform work include:
- Schedule enhancements: Work starts earlier in the field, rather than waiting for biddable documents.
- Budget improvements: Due to enhanced productivity and contractual arrangements, such as cost-of-work basis and return savings to owners.
- Superior quality: Delivered by our own, highly skilled and continuously trained craftspeople.
- Increased safety: Crews working onsite provide a clear picture of our high expectations and set a good example for other subcontractors.
Our internal department estimates our self-perform work, but we also accept subcontractors’ bids for these trades. If a subcontractor’s bid is lower than our own estimate, we use their bid in a pricing job. This gives us the flexibility to be as competitive as possible in any market condition.