Bobby Gosser - President & Chief Executive Officer
What year did you join Baldwin & Shell?
Have you had any title changes since you started, if so what are they in order?
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Division Manager
- Vice President
- Division President
- President Elect
What certifications, honors and awards have you have received?
- University of Louisiana at Monroe Sigma Lambda Chi
- National Honorary Scholastic Society
- Named “Most Outstanding Graduate”
- Awarded Estimator of the Year by the Arkansas Chapter of American Society of Professional Estimators
- Recruiter of the Year by the National Organization, ASPE
- Awarded Chairman of the Year by Arkansas Chapter of Associated General Contractors
- Certification in Healthcare Construction from American Society of Healthcare Engineers
- Commercial Environmental Certification with Green Advantage
- Certification of Certified Professional Estimator
- “40 Under 40” list in Arkansas Business
What trade organizations and/or boards are you involved in?
- American Society of Professional Estimators
- Associated General Contractors of America Arkansas Chapter
- Past member the MBE Construction Mentoring Program
What is the most rewarding part of your job?
Relationships with clients and resolving their issues
What is your specialty?
Bringing leadership to a team of professionals and allowing them to do their jobs
What relationships have you built through Baldwin & Shell, and please describe?
Bob Shell. Even before I was employed at Baldwin & Shell, I learned of his integrity. I got to know Bob as an employee and then as his partner. He is one the finest Christian men I know and has brought those values to this company. Never has there been a closed door. I have appreciated his calm and decisive approach to tough decisions that have come before our board. He has been my mentor, I have learned a lot from him and I cherish that relationship.
What is your favorite thing about working at Baldwin & Shell?
Working with people that strive for excellence on a daily basis
Where did you obtain your education and any degrees?
- Ole Main High School
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from Ouachita Baptist University
- Bachelor of Science in Construction from University of Louisiana at Monroe
What community service are you involved in?
- North Little Rock Chamber Board Member, Current Chairman of the Board
- Pasy Young Life Steering Committee Board Member
- North Little Rock Rotary
- Past Board Member and Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Heflin Family YMCA
- Past Board Member and President of the Board of the Burns Park Athletic Association
- Past School Board Member of the North Little Rock School District.
What is your spouse’s name?
How many children do you have and what are their names?
- Trey - married to Paige, with two children, Blaze & Brinley Jo
- Alex - married to Olivia
- McKenzie - married to Matt
What is your favorite book?
What is your favorite movie?
The Green Mile
What is your favorite sport?
What are your hobbies?
Hunting, following kids in their activities, family events
What are two things you cannot live without?
My faith in Jesus Christ and a hot shower in the mornings
What is your most memorable life experience to date?
The births of my children
Who do you admire most?
Where did you grow up?
North Little Rock
What is something that would surprise people about you?
I was a college swimmer.
What is your favorite food?
What is your favorite sports team?
What is your favorite band?
Doobie Brothers and Boston
What is one word to sum you up?
What was your childhood dream?
To build something
What is your favorite color?
What is something you absolutely will NOT eat?
Anything with vinegar
What kinds of pets do you have and what are their names?
1 dog - Coal, my hunting buddy
What has been your biggest accomplishment in life?
Raising a family
What is your biggest pet peeve?
What motivates you?
I hate losing