Jim Minor - Vice President & Chief Operating Officer
What year did you join Baldwin & Shell?
What title changes have you had since you started?
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Senior Project Manager
- Vice President Northwest Arkansas
- Corporate Vice President and COO
What certifications, honors and awards have you received?
- Certified Commercial Contract Administrator – Construction Specification Institute (CSI)
- Healthcare Construction Certificate – American Society for Healthcare Engineering of the American Hospital Association (ASHE)
- First Aid CPR AED
- OSHA 30 Hour Certified
- CM-Lean (AGC)
What trade organizations and/or boards are you involved in?
- Associated General Contractors of America (AGC)
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Arkansas (ABC)
- Lean Construction Institute (LCI)
- Board of Directors, Children’s Protection Center, Pulaski County
- UALR Donaghey College STEM Leadership Council
- Board of Directors, Baldwin & Shell Construction Company
What is the most rewarding part of your job?
The great sense of accomplishment knowing that our buildings serve people in their spiritual, family, educational, medical and workplace lives
What is your specialty?
Construction Project Management and Corporate Leadership through continuous improvement.
What relationships have you built through Baldwin & Shell?
My mentors have resided at Baldwin & Shell. My partners and coworkers have been true friends that have helped me grow both professionally and personally.
What is your favorite thing about working at Baldwin & Shell?
Knowing that our product is without parallel because it is more than what the owner paid for and is backed by the most integrity driven company in the business
Where did you obtain your education and any degrees?
- Commercial Construction Degree – Pulaski Vocational Technical Institute
- Engineers Construction Quality Management – US Army Corps of Engineers
- BS, Construction Engineering – UALR
What community service are you involved in?
- Children’s Protection Center – Pulaski County
- Samaritan’s Purse, Crisis and Disaster Response
What is your spouse’s name?
How many children do you have and what are their names?
Three - Lauren, Thomas and Samuel
How many grandchildren do you have and what are their names?
One - Zariah
What is your favorite book?
What is your favorite movie?
Saving Private Ryan
What is your favorite sport?
What are your hobbies?
Lake life, ATV trail riding, working on who-knows-what in my shop. I’m pretty handy.
What are two things you cannot live without?
My Family and good food
What is your most memorable life experience to date?
The year that I spent in Alaska
Who do you admire most?
Where did you grow up?
What is something that would surprise people about you?
As I get older, my eyes tear up real easily. (it surprises me too)
What is your favorite food?
Filet mignon, medium rare
What is your favorite sports team?
What is your favorite band?
Led Zeppelin, or is it the Rolling Stones? Hard to tell.
Do you have any pets? If so, what kind and what are their names?
West Highland Terrier – Waylon Jennings Tabasco
English Pointer – Ike
My Mom’s Chihuahua - Tulip
What is one word to sum you up?
What was your childhood dream?
To work for what was then called The Baldwin Company. No really, that was my childhood dream.
What is your favorite color?
I used to say, blue. But I do not have a particular favorite.
What is something you absolutely will NOT eat?
Sand. I try my very best not to eat sand.
What has been your biggest accomplishment in life?